Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas cookies

These were the Christmas cookies that I made for the cookie exchange this year.  They turned out pretty cute, so i wanted to share them with you.  I used royal icing (my first time using it) to decorate the cookies.  I got the recipe from Pinterest, and i like it because it dries hard, so I was able to stack the cookies without them getting messy.  I also used a normal sugar cookie recipe that I found on Pinterest, but I used multi-grain flour instead of white flour (because that is all I had in the cabinet) This made the cookies turn out darker than normal but didn't change the taste too much.  The icing is not very thick so its not over powering the cookie.  I made holly leaves with berries, gingerbread man, candy canes, stockings, gloves, snowflakes, and Santa hats. SUPER CUTE!!!! I will be doing this again next year.  They also make very cute gifts.
These 2 were my favorite out of all the Christmas cookies.  I liked them all but these 2 I loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment