Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Indoor Snowball Fight

This is what I made for my nephew for Christmas.  I also made one for myself because they were so cute.  I also found this idea on Pinterest.
The can is a large fruit can that I got from a school cafeteria.  I sponge painted it green, white, and blue.  Then I painted the nose orange once the white dried, and then I took a black sharpie marker and did the eyes and mouth and letters.  Then I filled it with white pom balls that I made out of yarn.
This is what the balls look like inside of the tin.  I took white yarn and wrapped it around a binder 150 times.  Then I took it off the binder and tied yarn around it to section it off. I had 4 sections.  then I cut the ends and the middle of each section to create a pom-pom.  I trimmed up to make it into a ball shape when necessary.  12 poms fit into the can.  So I had to repeat the yarn steps a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment