Sunday, August 3, 2014

Storage and Decorations

We got a entry table that we put to the right of the door when you first walk in our house.  We throw mail, keys, my purse, my phone, water bottle (it is a catch all station)  when waling in the door.  Most of the time it is messy ( that's why I didn't snap a picture of the whole table)  Anyways, since I won't spend money on decorations, I wanted to share some of the decorations I made for this table.
 These were oatmeal containers, coffee containers, and a bread crumbs container that I wrapped in tan yarn (cheaper then rope or twine-and I already had it in the house) and glued it to cover the containers.  To get the containers different sizes and lengths, I had to play around with the containers we had to see what would work.  I ended up taping together 3 small coffee containers to get the tall one in the back, another coffee container and a bread crumb continaier together to get the middle one, and the oatmeal container is by itself.  Once the containers were taped together, I took the hot glue gun out and started wrapping yarn around it, gluing every so often when needed.  When they were completely wrapped, I needed something to put inside them.  I found these "stick like things" at the Dollar Tree and decided they would work.  I bought 2 of them and split them into 3 sections.


This was a popcorn tin that we got for Christmas last year. I covered in with white construction paper and painted a K on it.  It now holds all my winter gloves, hats, and scarves. 

The baskets on either side of the tin were bought at Wal-mart for $5 each.  They are for catch all items.  Mr. K has one and I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment