Sunday, August 3, 2014

Wall Decorations

When we first moved into our house,  it needed stuff on the walls.  I HATE spending money on art work because it is so expensive for something that just hangs on the wall and doesn't serve a purpose for anything other than to look at.  Since I refuse to spend a lot of money on decorations, I made a lot of the ones in our house.
This was the first one I made for the house.  I got the idea from Pinterest (I'm addicted to it) and thought it was very cute and crafty.  The frame was a old painting with fruit on it so I turned it over and painted the back of the art work white and gray stripes.  I measured the stripes and taped them off to get them straight.  Then I cut out a red heart from construction paper and glued red buttons onto the heart.  I glued the heart to the middle of the picture and hung it in our hall way at the top of the steps.  I also painted the frame around the picture because it was a wood color and didn't go with the gray stripes.  Because I already had the paint, and construction paper, all I had to buy was the buttons and I picked those up at Wal-mart in the craft section for $3.

I got the frames at Walmart in the craft section for $5 and then I painted the flower swirls on the paper provided in the frames.  I also painted the frames black which were originally unfinished wood.

 
 This was also a Pinterest find that I loved and wanted to recreate.  This is a canvas (you can pick up at Wal-mart 2 for $10) and a silhouette picture that I printed out from online.  I cut out the silhouette and painted it black so it would be all the same color.  I placed it on the canvas and covered the area  with painters tape so the crayon would not run into the section.  I took then started to melt different shades of blue crayons with a blow dryer onto the canvas.  Once the crayons dried in place I took off the take and glued the picture down.  This is my favorite art work in the house right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment